Go Green — and see green — with CNS
At Corporate Network Services, we believe we can do our share as an IT services company to help protect and preserve our environment. For the past several years we have provided a shredding truck to the town of Poolesville, MD to help residents shred and recycle their documents. From 2009 to 2011, Corporate Network Services earned the Eco-Leadership Award by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and is certified as a Green IT Managed Services Provider. That means we can deliver IT services to our customers in a virtual and remote environment, reducing carbon emissions, energy consumption and costs.
Our commitment to being green includes helping your organization, and others like it, practice environmental IT.
5 Ways to Practice Green IT:
- Purchase low-power, energy-efficient hardware whenever possible, such as peripherals that are Energy Star rated or CPUs with Intel vPro processors
- Cut down on power use by eliminating screen savers and leveraging the power-saving features of your operating system
- Talk to your software vendor to determine the power-saving capabilities of the operating systems you have deployed and, when looking to upgrade, put “power-saving capabilities” on your criteria list — or contact CNS
- When you’re ready to update your desktop PCs or servers, be sure to visit www.epeat.net to see how desktops, notebooks and monitors from a variety of vendors rank in terms of their environmental and performance attributes
- Practice responsible recycling of e-waste to ensure that the toxic materials in electronics equipment don’t contaminate groundwater, release pollutants into the air or harm employees. We can recommend electrinic recycling vendors.
More reasons to go green
While the environmental reasons for going green may be obvious, you can also realize significant cost savings by practicing green IT:
- Reduce energy costs by purchasing energy-efficient hardware
- Practice PC power management to save even more on energy costs – 30% to 60%!
- Further reduce energy costs through virtualization
- Increase IT efficiencies by reducing hardware strain
Corporate Network Services is pleased to do our part to support environmental issues.
To learn more about practicing green IT, call 301·948·8077 today. Or email us at email@example.com.