WordPress was once viewed mainly as a blogging platform. But it has expanded into one of the most popular website publishing tools on the Internet. Tech Crunch recently reported that about one fifth of new domains in the U.S. operate on WordPress. And it may surprise you to learn that one of the most popular publishers in the world uses WordPress.
Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- Updating your content is simpler than ever before using WordPress. With its dynamic page creation you can update your site easily without needing a large amount of storage
- You can get a free website at WordPress.com with subdomains. This is a great way to save money if you don’t mind .wordpress.org at the end of your domain.
- If you have your own domain and hosting account, WordPress can be installed in minutes (WordPress calls it their ‘famous 5-minute install’). No coding skills required.
- Are there minimum requirements? Yes, if you are hosting your own website outside of WordPress, there are a few requirements to take into consideration. To obtain the appropriate support at some point, you will need to be sure you have the correct MySQL and PHP versions on your server.
- There are millions of great looking templates (known as “themes”) available from various sources on the Internet. Many are free, some are not. In any case, choosing the right design for your website is easy and quick.
- WordPress offers centralized management for all of your pages, posts, multimedia assets, and reader comments. It’s also really easy to manage users and user profiles.
- WordPress encourages e-commerce. There is an plethora of plugins that have already been developed that permit you to accept payments, advertise, and more on your website. The simple plugin search keeps these options at your fingertips.